Vampire Tour in San Francisco

Vampire Tour in San Francisco

It'll be a great evening when you take this Vampire Tour in San Francisco.

For over 100 years, the Nob Hill area has been home to San Francisco's most rich and famous citizens. Mighty railroad barons built their mansions atop the hills, and many of city's finest hotels and restaurants are located there. But a secret world lurks beneath the wealth and opulence: vampires live in hidden tunnels below Nob Hill!

On this small group walking tour, you'll learn about the darker side of San Francisco from an exotic 127-year-old Vampire. Don't worry, she won't bite. You won't go underground or anywhere else too spooky or dark. This is a fun, lighthearted tour for the Undead or prospective Undead with a sense of humor; call it "History with a Twist." This is one experience you will never forget!

This tour is a two-time winner of The Bay Guardian's "Best of the Bay" Reader's Poll, and has been featured on HBO, Showtime, The Travel Channel, The History Channel and The Learning Channel.

  • Details
  • Description
  • Cancellation Policy
  • Related Photos

Tour/Activity Details


2 hours


8:00 pm on the first Saturday of each month, plus on Halloween, October 31
(see Special Schedule Details)

Hotel pick-up not included. Please order online or call to order or for more information.


Special Schedule Details

  • This tour is held in all weather, unless it is raining heavily.
  • In the event that heavy rain is predicted, the tour will be rescheduled.

About the Tour

Become a member of the Drac Pack! Explore the Gothic side of Nob Hill with your hostess Mina, a Vampiress who was embraced by Count Dracula in London in 1897 and banished by him to the United States. Mina has resided on and under the streets of San Francisco for over 100 years. Hear her story, and learn how vampires have played an important part in the shaping of San Francisco as we know it today. A playwright, she guides visitors on a two-hour nighttime adventure that combines Nob Hill history with vampire fantasy. About 85% of the script is documented San Francisco history. The other 15% is -- you decide! You'll just have to take your guide's word for it.

The tour begins as she relates her origin as a vampire. During stops at Grace Cathedral, Nob Hill Cafe, Huntington Park, Pacific Union Club, Fairmont and Mark Hopkins hotels, you'll learn about San Francisco history and vampire lore. It's all in good fun, though, as the cheerful smiling Vampire Mistress leads her little flock to the tour's end!

What To Wear

  • San Francisco can be very chilly at night, so dress warmly. It's usually quite windy on the top of Nob Hill and the evening fog can make it feel even colder...but that just adds to the mystery!
  • This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable shoes.
  • There will be a costume contest, so look your worst!

Hotel pick-up not included. Please order online or call to order or for more information.

Cancellation Policy

There are no refunds. All sales are final.

Change policy

If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.

Related Photos

Use the form below to select the date for your reservation. Calendar defaults to first available date. Please verify your date selection prior to submitting your order.

<< March 2018 >>

If you are unable to select a date, it means the tour is unavailable on that date.

Calendar Key

Rates All rates are in US Dollars

Event Date:

December 31, 1969